- Rock rose is used to treat panic, stress, extreme fright or fear, and anxiety; and for promoting calmness and relaxation.
- Scientific studies have confirmed cistus’ ability to help eliminate toxins in the body.
- The plant’s anti-aging properties extend to its effect on the skin. The very polyphenols that support our inner terrain encourage radiant, healthy complexions by boosting cellular rejuvenation.
- It is used internally in the treatment of catarrh and diarrhea and as an emmenagogue.
- Frank Petereit from Munster University said in his thesis that rock rose helps in many fungal infections such as mycosis and candida albicans.
- Cistus’ tea has a strong anti-aging action.
- Professor Claus Peter Siegers of Lubeck University proves that a cup of rockrose tea detoxifies the body and eliminates toxic heavy metals that come from cigarette smoke, dental fillings and environmental pollution.
- Cistus prevents from bleeding, when applied to the skin.