- by partyvan
- Health Benefits
- May 16, 2015
- Post Views: 964
Corinthian Black Raisins
- Black raisins are 70% pure fructose (a natural form of sugar) which is easily digested for quick energy. So a handful of them will boost your body.
- As in grapes, raisins also contain the phytochemical compound resveratrol. Resveratrol, a polyphenol antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, blood cholesterol lowering activities. Studies suggest that resveratrol has been found to have protective action against cancers like melanoma, colon and prostate, and diseases such as coronary heart disease (CHD), degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer’s disease and viral/ fungal infections.
- Corinthian raisins are very high inanthocyanins, another class of polyphenolic antioxidants. Anthocyanins have been found to have anti-allergic, anti–inflammatory, anti–bacterial and anti–cancer.
- They are free of gluten toxin and can be consumed by people who do not tolerate gluten as an alternative healthy food.
- Moreover, raisins are rich in heart-healthy electrolyte, potassium. 100 grams hold 749 mg of potassium. By countering pressing effects of sodium, it reduces heart rate, blood pressure and thereby helps prevent stroke, CHD and peripheral vascular diseases.
- Furthermore, they are also a good source of some B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, pyridoxine, riboflavin and pantothenic acid.
- It has antimicrobial and antibacterial activity and vasodilatory action through intracellular production of nitric oxide.