- Pennyroyal is applied to the skin to kill germs, keep insects away and treat skin It is also used topically for gout, venomous bites, and mouth sores; and as a flea-killing bath. In manufacturing, pennyroyal oil is used as a dog and cat flea repellent.
- Fliskouni is also used to control muscle spasms, cause sweating and increase urine production.
- This herb is also used by women to start or regulate their menstrual periods or to cause an abortion.
- Pennyroyal is also used for colds, pneumonia and other breathing problems. Moreover it has a positive effect against stomach pains, gas, intestinal disorders, and liver and gallbladder problems.
- The infusion of the herb is useful for washing wounds. The poultice of the herb helps to abscesses, sores and bruises.
- Pennyroyal seems to have positive effect on smokers’ lungs.