- by partyvan
- Health Benefits
- June 9, 2015
- Post Views: 1,348
- Hypericum oil is widely used for sunburns (first degree), nerve traumas, sore muscles, bruising burns (first degree), varicose veins, sciatica, rheumatic pains and joint pains.
- It is also used as an antiseptic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, styptic and wound healing (first degree) natural remedy.
- It is said that it can be helpful in the treatment of mild and moderate depression.
- In Germany it is widely used against spasms, insomnia and usually against melancholy.
- It contains pseudo-hypercinin, flavonoids, xanthones, fenolic acids and essential oils.
- Hypericum oil’s analgesic properties are attributed to the active substance hyperforin.
- In homeopathy it is used against neuralgia, nerves traumas and all the related to it symptoms like hair loss and depression.
- Hypericum oil contains Α,Β1,Β2,Β6, D, proteins and micronutrients.
- Hypericum oil can be taken by mouth and it is suggested to be very beneficial against colitis, painful digestion and sour stomach. However, it should be considered that people with high blood pressure should avoid using it.
- It is also used for face skin care. Spread it gently before bedtime and in a few days, the facial skin will become younger.
- It has high concentrations of elaiokanthal and elaiasin (due to the high quality of the Greek extra virgin olive oil). Those elements have a positive effect on the prevention of heart attacks and inflammatory problems, whereas, new studies have shown that hypericum oil can act preventive against the Alzheimer’s disease.