- The University of Maryland Medical Center reports that scientific studies suggest that inhaling the scent of lavender may slow the nervous system activity, promoting relaxation. This can help anxiety, insomnia, stress and depression.
- Some people use lavender for painful conditions including migraine, headaches, toothaches, sprains, nerve pain, sores and joint pain.
- Another common traditional use of lavender tea is for digestive issue relief, including nervous stomach and indigestion. One study published in the November 1997 edition of the “Journal of Ethnopharmacology” found that the smooth muscle in the intestines is responsible for moving food through the digestive system.
- It is also used for acne and cancer, and to promote menstruation.
- Lavender can also act against hair loss.