- Lemon verbena is used for digestive disorders including indigestion, gas, colic, diarrhea and constipation.
- This herb has also positive effect for agitation, joint pain, insomnia, asthma, colds and fever.
- Moreover, lemon verbena is helpful for some skin disorders, like hemorrhoids, varicose veins, skin conditions and chills.
- Lemon verbena contains a substance that might kill mites and bacteria, but more evidence is needed to rate the effectiveness.
- Furthermore, according to the “Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine” lemon verbena has strong antioxidant properties and they recommended further research as it showed great promise for alternative joint care.
- A 2011 issue of the “European Journal of Applied Physiology” included a 21-day study where participants worked out for 90 minutes each day and took lemon verbena extract as an antioxidant supplement to their regular diet. Researchers found that lemon verbena reduced the amount of overall muscle damage the participants experienced, while not having any effect on their ability to build endurance and speed.
- It is one of the most famous herbs for the treatment of obesity. Its regular use helps to increase the rate of metabolism in the regulation of appetite and urination – so it is a good choice for those suffering from fluid retention.