- by partyvan
- Health Benefits
- June 17, 2015
- Post Views: 950
- The consumption of turmeric, alone or in combination with other herbal ingredients, can reduce the pain caused by osteoarthritis.
- Early research suggests that taking curcumin, a chemical found in turmeric, might improve symptoms of long-term inflammation in the middle layer of the eye.
- Curcumin might also effectively treat various inflammatory bowel diseases, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. The University ofMaryland Medical Center warns that curcumin sometimes increases stomach acid levels, which means you should not use turmeric supplements to treat stomach.
- Turmeric can help lower blood cholesterol levels and keep low-density lipoprotein levels from building up in your arteries, a condition known as atherosclerosis. Keeping your LDL levels low can reduce your risk of stroke or heart.
- This great spice might prevent cancer because its antioxidant properties keep cells from becoming damaged. The curcumin might also suppress the growth of cancerous cells by simply inhibiting the blood vessels that supply the cancer.
- The consumption of curcumin can reduce sugars levels in blood, so turmeric is a great natural remedy for diabetics.
- Some people apply turmeric to the skin for pain, ringworm, bruising, leech bites, inflammatory skin conditions, soreness inside of the mouth and infected wounds.
- It is also used for headaches, bronchitis, colds, lung infections, fibromyalgia, leprosy, fever, menstrual problems. Other uses include depression, Alzheimer’s disease, water retention, worms and kidney problems.